February 18, 2010

Fashionista

We have been super into dressing ourselves the past few weeks, but this week takes the cake. She doesn't want suggestions anymore on what goes together. She picks what she picks and that goes. Monday she went to the park with her Daddy. I told her to go upstairs and get ready. Below is what she picked. You can't tell but that shirt does have some purple in it and she picked her hat with the purple, orange and yellow. So, she does get matching colors. I must admit, I get a lot of laughs out of my sweet girl. It is hard for a particular Mom like me, but I love it that she is exploring her own style and self.

We can be...

Urban Chic

Cowgirl Couture

or a Classy Little Lady


Today when I passed her room, I noticed she had laid out all her clothes last night before she went to bed. It was the most adorable thing and made me laugh. She had a skirt, shirt, sweatshirt (which she likes to wear and take off right when we get to class), shoes, undies, socks and a sun hat. She didnt end up wearing this because I had to tell her that hearts don't go with plaid. She was so upset at me and had a small fit. She said, "But mom, it has all the same colors!" She ended up in a new outfit I had got her. I must say though, I left the room and told her it was up to her what she wanted to wear. I was going to let her go with hearts and plaid. Surprising, I know! Hey, maybe my girl will be the next SJP! Haha.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Holly Lombardo said...

OMG, she is the cutest!!! I love her fashion sense and wish I could be that adventurous!

terenjaxteegan said...

I am all about the "not matching"- it is very in and chic right now. So, go Miss Bella- maybe you will invite me to Fashion Week one time if you become a famous fashion designer!!!

Munchie's Soap Box said...

Love it! Her and Lilly are so much alike it's too cute :)....Lilly has a purple Tinker Bell hat that she tries to wear as much as she can and also has matching "issues" ..if it has the color in it some how it matches for her! They funny thing is that she gets so many compliments withe her outfits! LOL...I gotta take pictures of it :)

Meagan Kenney said...

This is the best blog ever! She reminds me of Fancy Nancy and all her "get-ups!" I have to say I envy you for just letting her explore her style-I need to be more laid-back about things like that. I'd like to think that I am laid back about stuff like that, but I'm really not (although I let them pick their pj's) Miss you! xo

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

She is so cute and fun! Her and Beauy need to dress up and play more often. (Beau and I get in to arguements too!)
xoxo!

Rebecca Titone said...

Love the fun in this! But my kids are not here yet... well except with my SON! He picks his clothes sometimes and refuses to wear some of the shirts I pick for him. He will go back to pick one he likes better! Oh and Gi-Gi with her shoe fetish, but you have see my shoe craziness.. so no surprise there!

Bianca said...

She's almost 5 and has a better fashion sense then I do! Maybe next time she comes over I will have her pick some stuff out for me to wear! LOVE Urban Chic!! Hahah