October 1, 2011

My Dear Mama

As you all know, last week was pretty much a 'hell-ish' one! Just knowing the pain and ordeal my Mom must have went through trying to get to a phone for 4 hours was hard enough. Helping my Dad lift her and seeing her not able to walk, period, was harder. I didn't have to see her being transported by ambulance, but I know that was hard on my sister Jenny. Sitting home and waiting was too hard for Amy and I, so we prayed, and finally gathered around my Mom in the emergency room. My Brother had his whole team and many others praying for my Mom. I was worried that I wouldn't see her walk again - that her MS had finally got to that point as I have seen her be able to walk less and less over this past year. But amazingly, going from being paralyzed one day to standing and walking the next was a true miracle for our family. We thank every one of you who took the time to send prayers out and keep us in your thoughts. God Bless You!



Doesn't she look awesome for being in the hospital?

She wrote a little something:

Family, Friends & Supporters,

Thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes. My Mother always told me that one of the most powerful things in life is prayer (a direct communication with God). I prayed so hard Tuesday morning for his help as I laid on the floor unable to move. What I needed was your prayers and good wishes. The doctors were baffled that I could stand on my own the next day. But I know why - My beautiful children, family and friends had put me on many prayer lists throughout the country. "From your lips to God's ears." Thanks to all of you. You will forever be in my prayers every day.

Love, Nancy Hansen

Been a LONG week....we are all tired!!

6 comments:

Meagan Kenney said...

I am so glad all the prayers that stormed Heaven worked! I know we were praying hard here in AZ. How scary Becky! I am so happy she is back on her feet again. And yes, she does look awesome for being in the hospital! Hugs for you and your entire family! xoxo

Amanda Roe said...

So glad to hear she is on the mend, what a scary time! Here's to a new week...

Oh and what a funny pic of the kids asleep in the car :)

Munchie's Soap Box said...

I agree w/ the comments above, here's to a better week and sending lots of hugs to you and your family. Will continue to keep praying for your mom, xoxo

Rebecca Titone said...

She looks beautiful! I am so happy she is feeling better, and will keep praying for her everyday. I love you all so much!

terenjaxteegan said...

Your mom looks GREAT Beck, she is gorgeous just like all of you! We love you Nancy, I know we were all praying on this end!! The power of prayer is truely amazing, having experienced it first hand. We LOVE YOU NANCY! xoxox

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

So glad to see your pretty mommy up and smiling. She is a miracle!