May 18, 2010

31...Ouch!

So I left off  last week that Chris was in LA and then SF for business. We tried to figure out how to get myself and the kids up to SF for the weekend, but it was just going to be too much hassle. So Chris told me Thursday he had decided to take us to Palm Desert for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. We left on Friday after we picked Bella up from school. Right when we checked in, we switched into bathing suits and down we went to the pool. The kids' pool was about 1ft. deep and Vincent loved it!
 
After swimming, we went to dinner at Babes BBQ. There was a pig named Rose that Isabella had to take lots of pictures by! The food was great and we walked around the shops leisurely after dinner.


Saturday morning, Isabella went to the "Kids Club". While she was there making lots of crafts, playing and swimming, we went for a walk, played tennis (or shall I say, I tried!) and then some basketball! We picked up Bella at 12 and then had lunch and relaxed by the pool.

That night they had a "Dive-In" movie where they played Monsters vs. Aliens. Vincent and Chris went to the store and bought sandwiches, strawberries/whipped cream, chips and all of my favorite snacks to eat by the pool! They also came back with some beautiful tulips for me!

Sunday morning was my birthday! The four of us went to breakfast and then went shopping at the outlets. I got a beautiful Coach purse. I didn't expect anything (although I did print the extra 20% off coupon. Thanks Hall!). Seriously, going to the Desert and making memories was enough for me, plus we had to get a new washing machine this week since mine broke. 
That night we went to dinner at PF Changs with my Parents, Joe, Alice and Nick. I got beautiful pink roses from Mom and Dad, and a awesome pink Italian flower plant for my garden from Joe and Alice. I got some great presents too! Totally spoiled! We had cake and coffee back at our house after dinner. I was sad to see the weekend come to an end. It really was perfect and gave me a blessed start to a new year...31! Wow!

7 comments:

Rebecca Titone said...

That was a fantastic birthday weekend! I am so happy for you. You are such a good mommy, wife & daughter,not to mention friend, you deserved it. Love you!

Munchie's Soap Box said...

Sounds like you had an awesome bday! Glad to hear it :).....

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

Happy Birthday Girl!
xoxo! love you!

terenjaxteegan said...

Love the pic of the kiddos reading magazines and the pic of the pool at night. What a beautiful hotel. Where did you guys stay? Happy Birthday Dog.

Meagan Kenney said...

What a fun filled weekend! We miss the pig named Rose! When we lived in Palm Springs (Jim worked at the Cheesecake at The River for 11 months) Madeline used to LOOOOOVE that pig! Love ya!

Holly Lombardo said...

wonderful weekend! glad you had so much fun to ring in the 31!!!

Amanda Roe said...

What a great weekend - lounging by the pool sounds so fabulous. And a Coach purse to top everything of is wonderful.

Happy 31st!!!
xoxo