May 2, 2010

Spring Cleaning Bug

I guess I have been bit by the Spring cleaning bug. Since I have been cleaning up the 'garden', something prompted me to clean out and organize my closet.

I had first asked Bianca if she knew where I could find over the door hat holders. She asked, "Are there that many hats in the Calagna household?" I laughed and told her there was a ridiculous amount of hats. I used these shoe organizers as hat organizers. As you see, Chris had to have two. Really, I could use two and he could use three. Most of those are doubled, even tripled in their slots.

I also bought a tie organizer and used it for my scarfs. And an over the door shoe holder. I still have a basket full of sandals and a basket full of tennis shoes. I don't know how a girl can give away 4 trash bags to goodwill, 2 bags to Teren, 2 bags to Holly and 1 bag to Bianca and STILL have this much stuff!! In my defense, my Husband has more ties, polo shirts and t-shirts than any man needs. Just sayin'.

Oh, and I had a beautiful hat box from my MIL from when we got married. So I FINALLY used it and put in my Mrs. Calagna t-shirt, Soon-to-be sweatshirt, wedding shoes, garter, Just Married bathing suit, etc.


Today, I am going to tackle my office...






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Meagan Kenney said...

Ohmygoodness! I thought I was organized! Look at the closet, damn I am jealous! Good idea putting the hats in the shoe organizer-love that!

When you said Chris has more polo shirts than any man needs reminded me of a story when Jim and I were first married. He had like 45 polo shirts, some in the SAME COLOR! So I took it upon myself to clean out and donate (without asking). After about 6 months he started asking where all his polo shirts went. Oops! What a mean thing for me to do, I still feel bad about it almost 7 years later :(

Amanda Roe said...

Wow Becky I'm so impressed with your organization! I need to get on that once we move - I hate clutter!

Meagan I did the same thing to Edward 6 years ago and yes he had some shirts in the SAME COLOR too! lol.

Bianca said...

Great Job Beck! Closet looks great!

Rebecca Titone said...

You did a great job, it looks really nice. I am impressed. I am proud you gave so much away so it can get good use somewhere else! Yea for you!

Munchie's Soap Box said...

you are so organized! love the hat idea!