January 4, 2011

Boys, Ugh!

Today was a bad day.

While we were waiting for Isabella to get out of class, Vincent fell on the picnic type metal table.He hit his mouth which proceeded to bleed all over! I was scared! We went into the bathroom and cleaned him up to see exactly what the problem was.

Well, one of his front teeth got pushed up into his gum and to the side. I have always thought that he had the prettiest little set of baby teeth...not anymore. My poor boy!

I had a client coming over at 3:30 which was only enough time to get home from school but I knew that I had to take Vincent to have it looked at. So I tried calling the number I had for my client - out of service. I called Lauren to have her put a note on my door. Emailed the client and thankfully she got the email - thank goodness for the Blackberry. Called my Mom and Chris.

We went to the Dentist and had Vin looked at. Of course Isabella was bawling on the drive to the dentist. I said, "Bella...this is NOT about you!". "I know this isn't about me Mom, I am crying for my Brother!!"

The dentist said he could see all the swelling, bleeding and bruising, but the tooth was not loose which was a good thing. He didn't seem too concerned; said it might turn color, but Vincemt didn't seem in too much pain.

Mommy was in pain though! I hated seeing him bleeding and crying and his poor little mouth hurting. But Thank God ... It could have been much worse! We will see how he feels when he wakes up in the morning! I have to apologize to the other Moms tomorrow...I am kinda embarrased about my behavior, as I was not exactly calm!

Life goes on!

6 comments:

Rebecca Titone said...

Poor you! Little David did that at 18 months, hence his discolored tooth. Then again during this Christmas break. He has another dentist appointment today. Supper freaks you out hun?! Glad he is okay, and you all are feeling better. xoxo

Munchie's Soap Box said...

oh no! how is he today?
you must have felt exhausted when it was all over!
kids sure have a way of "keeping it real" hahaha

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

Poor baby! That's aweful!
BTW-Ben does that for Beauy, he always crys for her.... brothers and sisters are so sweet!

terenjaxteegan said...

My brother did that in first grade. EXACT same thing. I remember my mom freakin out too. I always try to remember the head and the mouth bleed more than any where else, not that it helps in a crisis...but just thought I would share. Hope he is ok. Love ya Vin!

Jeri said...

Mikayla chipped her front tooth when she was a baby, just learning to walk and in the care of the nanny! I also remember being so upset. Everyone told me "just remember those are baby teeth, not permanent". I still wish she had her perfect baby teeth, but looking forward to what's to come.
Just thought I'd pass this on.

Amanda Roe said...

Poor Vince! Glad it's nothing serious.