April 22, 2010

Success??

I realized the other night that part of me has been scared of being successful.
Afraid of failing and not doing a good job.
Afraid that I lack the skills to really be a top wedding planner.
Because of this I tend to shy away from things that can further my business.
I avoid wedding shows on TV because I get jealous that I will not be as successful as the coordinators I see.
But...
I also realized that I should be proud of myself. I have done a good job. I coordinate top notch weddings without a hitch. I think I could hold my own against many other coordinators, they just happen to catch a "break".
My negativity will stop.
Why now?
Because my life is falling into place. I have the support of family and friends who truly believe in me. My husband gives me the opportunity to stay at home and enjoy my kids. I have a perfect sitter who lets me have 3 hours, 2 days a week to concentrate on bettering my business. I had a house cleaner come last week (and probably will come once a month) so that I am not so overwhelmed with keeping my house clean. I have a schedule.
More than anything, my confidence in myself has grown and I couldn't imagine doing anything else!!
I would say, "Wish me Luck" on my newfound focus, but whenever I say that to Chris before I leave for an event he says, "You don't need luck!"

6 comments:

Holly Lombardo said...

He's right, you don't need luck, you have pristine talent! I see amazing things happening for you this year :)

terenjaxteegan said...

Go and get 'em dog- you ARE top notch!

Amanda Roe said...

You could go up against Mary Dann anyday! (Is that her name?) lol. You rock.

Munchie's Soap Box said...

You are an amazing mom, wife, friend AND wedding planner!

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

That's right! I am so glad you are finally seeing what we have known all along!

Bianca said...

You deserve all the success in the world...and you have it...