November 15, 2009

Road Trip

Friday afternoon, Chris was playing x-box and I was texting everyone to see if they were coming to Vincent's party. Well, we looked at each other and decided we wanted to go to Vegas. Spur of the Moment...we packed our bags, Chris booked a hotel and we were in the car within an hour. Pretty impressive, huh? Well there was a big fight over the weekend and we had to settle on Monte Carlo because our usual ones were super expensive. While it was a great location on the strip, we were disappointed in the rooms. We have come to realize that we are getting pretty spoiled. They just need some renovations, but that is what we get when we decide that day to head out. However, we always have a great time! The kids were super good on the car rides. They both took naps. I realized on the way there that in my rush to pack three people in like 30 minutes, I forgot to pack my jeans! Oops. So I had only my black velour "travel pants". Chris certainly thought I did it on purpose and it gave me a reason to shop. When we got there Friday night we just walked around and ate at the hotel. The kids and I settled in pretty early while Chris went to gamble, but Mr. Vince must have known it was the "city that never sleeps" so he stayed up really late on both nights. He absolutely loved all of the lights, hotels and people. We watched movies, colored and did school work. Saturday morning the kids were up really early. We headed out for breakfast at our favorite Grand Luxe and then I wore the kids out shopping the mall (picture of them sleeping in the stroller). I bought some Christmas presents, Vincent's Christmas outfit and yes, some jeans! Later that afternoon we took Isabella to Excalibur to play some games. She won a cow all by herself, whose name is "cowwee" and she will not part with. We found a new yummy Mexican restaurant at New York, New York for dinner. Had margaritas and headed back in for the night.



This morning the kids were up early again. So we packed up and went to breakfast at Planet Hollywood. Found a yummy buffet there because Isabella wanted "you know, that place where you can walk around and pick out your own food!". While Daddy watched the first half of the Rams game, the kids and I did some more shopping around the Miracle Mile shops. Then home it was time to head to Grandpa Bob's birthday dinner. (Below in the pictures it was so sweet because Vincent kept giving Sissy kisses).

Both mornings while we headed out early, Chris and I saw people just heading in from their wild nights. We commented on "that being the life" walking down the strip at 8 in the morning with beer. And it might have been a life we use to lead in the college days, but you know what, I wouldn't change our trips and life now for anything. I don't think Chris would either.

On our way home, we went to Grammy Alice and Papa Joe's to celebrate Great Grandpa Bob's birthday! We had fun visiting, eating yummy turkey and drinkin' wine. Oh, I also broke my phone when I slammed the trunk on its screen. So, don't text me. I will get a new one tomorrow. And over the weekend I read a really cute book called "Over the Holidays". Hmm...what to read next!?

Have a wonderful week everyone :) I have a birthday party to plan this week!! xox

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rebecca Titone said...

I think you both are the funnest couple! And your babies are so lucky to have parents that love taking them everywhere!

Amanda Roe said...

How fun I want to do a spur of the moment trip to Vegas!

Hanging out in velour "travel" pants sounds like my kind of weekend! lol.