November 10, 2009

Romance in the Bay Area

What can I say? What a perfect Anniversary we had; such a lovely time. I know I have a tendency to romanticize everything, but romance truly was alive in the city! Being away with Chris always reminds me why I fell in love with him. Are you gagging? HaHa. We started out about 8 o' clock on Friday morning and headed to San Fransisco. We had rain for about 30 minutes right when we arrived and I was worried, but then it stopped and was gorgeous weather. Chris booked the 4 Seasons in Union Square for two nights. Friday night I felt very much like a lady as we got dressed up for a special anniversary dinner.


Saturday we slept in, went to the gym and headed out for some coffee. The weather was brisk and beautiful. We went shopping at Union Square Macys. Chris bought himself some ties (I LOVE shopping for ties) and picked out an adorable Christmas dress for Isabella. We took the Trolley down to Fisherman's wharf and had some yummy Clam Chowder! Funniest part: Chris was watching the boats off the pier and all of a sudden he got soaked by water, no warning at all!! Poor thing was freezing and sucked it up while I laughed "with" him! We went out for steak dinner that night and I even did some reading (read a really cute book over the weekend).

Sunday morning we headed down to the Ritz at Half Moon Bay. GORGEOUS! The Ritz gave me a rose for our anniversary. So sweet! We hung out, went to the gym and had a really nice dinner at the hotel and went back to our room to make S'mores on our patio fire pit. LOVED IT!! Monday morning we took a walk along the coastal trail, had breakfast and took off for home to see our babies!


Thank you Chris for a perfect weekend! I enjoyed our talks, walks, and time together! Thank you Grandparents for your willingness to watch our children so we could spend some time away! You are AWESOME and we love you very much!!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amanda Roe said...

What a great weekend! I'm glad the weather was good for you. I even see the sun shining in Half Moon Bay - lucky!!

Happy 5th!!

Rebecca Titone said...

Ahhh...that was beautiful. So glad, dear friend, you two can make such beautiful memories together. True love is amazing.

Munchie's Soap Box said...

First of all....you looked gorgeous! Love has a way of doing that...secondly...the hotel looks amazing!

terenjaxteegan said...

Awwwww. You do look really beautiful and happy, mommies and daddies need time away.