March 11, 2011

Blog Challenge - My Parents


Guy Francis Hansen & Nancy Anne Piraino

High School Sweethearts who have been married for 44 years! They are my true inspiration. They have shown that love will prevail. For those who don't know, my Grandpa Vinnie kicked my Mom out of the house for dating my Dad (they later became best of friends) and she lived at the YMCA. My parents lived in a trailer for their first year of marriage on the Army base in Texas. They had nothing, but each other and their love as inspiration to build the amazing family and life that they have. I am going to keep this short because I am very emotional thinking about these two amazing, wonderful, awesome people that God gave to me to call my parents!



This year for Christmas I wrote my parents each personal letters. I have copied a little of each below...

Part of Moms:

You are amazing to me, Mom. Your courage and strength as you go through life in much pain is truly inspiring.  I know it is a struggle for you, but you try so hard not to complain and to keep a positive outlook on life. You are a beautiful, classy, intelligent woman -  so full of generosity and kind spirit....

Since I have become a Mother myself, I now see the sacrifices you have made to raise four children. You have always put us kids before yourself and it is through you that I have seen how selfless a Mother can be. All you ever wanted was for us to be happy. And let me tell you, you succeeded....

You made sure we had traditions, fond memories of family time and faith in God. These are the important things I hope to instill in my children as I raise them. I can only pray to be the kind of Mother that you have been to me.

Part of Dads:

My childhood and all of my years have been filled with love and laughter. My memories are so positive of times spent together. I remember when I was having Isabella, you touched my face and said, “It will all be worth it when you see her little face”. That makes me cry to this day, because in an instant I realized what a special bond you have with a parent. And to see the joy that she brings you, the joy that Vincent brings you, fills my heart and makes me so happy. I love how they can put a sparkle in your eye. You have shown me that a real man can be strong yet sensitive......

You are a true Hero to me. I hope that I have made you proud with the woman, daughter, mother and wife I have become - because I am a true reflection of you and Mom and all you have taught me about life....

I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love, guidance, wisdom, encouragement, faith and friendship. God has truly blessed me.


And it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention the two amazing people that I call my In-Laws. I treasure the relationship we have and all of the time we get to spend together. They both have awesome qualities which all of you know first hand and that I could go on and on about....just know that I love them and am proud to be part of their family.


I can not ever find the words to Thank any of you for the type of Grandparents you are! I love you...

4 comments:

Holly Lombardo said...

i'm bawling at my desk

Meagan Kenney said...

I am a blubbering mess now. Geez! They are so lucky to have you as a daughter! Your notes to them are so touching! Their love story is amazing, 44 years after being kicked out of her house and living in a trailer on an army base. They have come a long way. Would love to meet them one day. xo

Meagan Kenney said...

PS- Always mean to tell you how awesome your hair looked on your wedding day! Gorgeous my friend!

Rebecca Titone said...

YOu made us all cry! That was such a beautiful post! I love you and your parents! You're so like them both.