March 7, 2011

Parting is such Sweet Sorrow...


It is time for my formals and I to part. Orangewood Children's Foundation (a charity Chris and I have supported through Union Bank) is having their 4th annual Belle of the Ball and I am gladly donating my old formal dresses to them...

Belle of the Ball provides disadvantaged Orange County teen girls the opportunity to experience a day of empowerment, beauty and self-esteem. These young ladies are in the foster care system or come from low-income, at-risk families and this may be the only chance to get a dress for prom or graduation. This special day is providing an opportunity of many ‘firsts’ - having a formal dress and all the accessories, lessons on how to put on make-up and etiquette for special occasions. For these girls, it is an exciting day and a chance to gain self-esteem and self-worth.

Yes, a small part of me is sad that I will be getting rid of this box of my past, but most of me is extremely happy to help. I hope that someone will find one of my dresses perfect for her special night and she will experience wonderful memories like I store in my heart! (I wish for a special girl to be called Cinderella in my blue Prom dress ... my absolute favorite out of all!) 

4 comments:

Holly Lombardo said...

AHHHH! I still have all mine too, in fact they are hanging in a closet taking up valuable real estate and I can't part with them yet :( I still remember when I was skinny minnie like you and borrowed your dress- the black one with the butterflys on it, remember? I felt amazing that night, was def brought on by your stylings :) I hope many many young ladies find cherished memories in your wonderful gowns! And the navy one with the navy gloves from college was my FAV of yours...

terenjaxteegan said...

I gave all mine away too. You always had beautiful dresses.

Bianca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bianca said...

I think we need the pictures from formals of you in all the dresses!