March 3, 2011

Heritage Homework

This week was a crazy amount of homework us Moms we had to do. We first had to go through magazines and cut out things Miss Isabella would take with her around the world and paste those in her trunk. Then we had a doll that we had to color with half the heritage of my side and half of Chris' side (no picture). After talking to our parents and figuring it out...our kids are 1/4 Italian, 1/4 English, 1/4 German, 1/8 Norwegian, 1/16 Dutch and 1/16 Danish. Holy smokes!!! But you know, we love the Italian part of us, so that is what we focused on when having to do the Heritage doll and hat (above)! I found a picture of little Italian girls/boys online and that is what we based it off of. Then Isabella put all the stickers around. It turned out cute...however my favorite thing she said when we started this project was....

"I know what my heritage is Mom....We are AMERICAN!!!!"

3 comments:

Rebecca Titone said...

Now she is a true American, all those lovely cultures! I think that picture is the best! I have to have my mom see it! You make the cutest things!

terenjaxteegan said...

Are you getting ready for Open House, I know projects increase during that time. haha. Cute doll though!

Meagan Kenney said...

Turned out great! Seriously though...I am thinking homework is for parents, not kids...I just finished a "Reader Rabbit" project with Mad Dog tonight!